What to Do for Commercial Cold Storage Repair in Washington IL
Your first step is to get certified contractors from Merit Mechanical Service to diagnose the issue when you need cold storage repair in Washington IL. Our experienced cold storage experts can tell you whether it makes more sense to repair or replace your equipment. Also, do not overlook what may seem like a minor problem. Things like water puddles at the base of your equipment, excessive condensation, or uneven cooling do not seem serious. However, they are signs that major equipment failure that requires expensive repair or replacement is ahead. If you are concerned about the performance of your cold storage, contact us online to schedule repair service.
Top 5 Signs You Need Cold Storage Repair in Washington IL
Your cold storage equipment is essential to your business. Therefore, you cannot afford a lot of downtime and product loss when you encounter problems with it. Merit Mechanical Service contractors can help you if there are issues that require cold storage repair in Washington IL. Here are some of the most common types of issues requiring cold storage repair:
- Excessive Frost or Condensation – This is a sign that your equipment is not properly moderating temperatures as it should. You might have an issue with rubber seals on your equipment. Mold, mildew, or condensation can build up in damaged or worn-out seals. However, you may have a bigger problem with other components if the condensation is on the interior. Getting an inspection from Merit Mechanical is your best course of action.
- Overheating – If you notice excessive heat coming from your motor, your equipment is overheating. This is typically caused by dirty or clogged coils. However, this can cause motors to break down, burn up components, or fail completely if not addressed quickly.
- Excessive Product Loss – Increased spoilage of perishable items stored inside your cooler, freezer, or cold storage equipment is another sign of a problem. We can inspect your equipment and replace any defective gaskets or other defective components to fix the issue.
- Unresponsive Temperature Settings – Your commercial refrigeration equipment operates at an ideal temperature set at your desired level. If you notice frost, ice, or colder conditions, your temperature control system is not functioning correctly. This can cause issues that lead to total system failure.
- High Energy Bills – Unless your provider increases electricity rates, your energy bill should remain within a consistent range. If you notice that your bills are steadily increasing or your bill spikes drastically, you should get your cold storage inspected for problems. It is not running efficiently, costing you a lot of money.
Tips to Avoid Cold Storage Repair
Performing consistent system maintenance can go a long way in helping you to avoid bills for cold storage repair in Washington IL. Here are the top 10 things your business can do to keep your cold storage maintained.
- Perform cleaning of your equipment at least every day.
- Inspect evaporator fan coils and blades to make sure they are not getting clogged or dirty.
- Check door hinges and sails at least every quarter to make sure they are not damaged.
- Make sure to wipe down the air condenser cable every week, notifying Merit Mechanical if you notice any leaks.
- Do not fill your cold storage past full capacity. Leaving a little bit of space will prolong the life of your equipment by not overworking it.
- Develop a regularly scheduled maintenance plan.
- Consider investing in anti-sweat heaters to avoid condensation buildup on the outside.
- Check door gaskets and auto-closing mechanisms.
- Install motion detectors for case lighting systems to benefit from LED lighting and more efficient use of lighting.
- Consider replacing older equipment with more energy efficient cold storage.
Contact Local Cold Storage Repair Contractors
Merit Mechanical Service contractors can provide you with a free estimate if you need cold storage repair in Washington IL. We can also advise you on whether repair or replacement offers the most value for your investment. Give us a call now at 309-981-8478 for emergency service, a free quote, or to schedule a repair. In addition, you can also get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or with our online contact form.